This privacy notice provides information on how your personal data will be used when you use the Contractor Tracker Portal (the “Portal”).
Solution Technologies Limited as Data Processor
With the exception of the processing of Technical Data and Usage Data (described fully below), the data controller will be Savills (the “Client”) and any personal data that you submit on the Portal will be processed in accordance with the Client’s Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found at https://www.savills.co.uk/footer/privacy-policy.aspx. In these circumstances, Solutions Technologies Limited acts solely in the capacity of data processor in accordance with the instructions of the Client in their capacity as data controller.
Solution Technologies Limited as Data Controller – Processing of Technical Data and Usage Data
The remainder of this page only applies in the limited circumstances where Solutions Technologies Limited acts in the capacity of data controller when you use the Portal.
1. Important information and who we are
Solution Technologies Limited is the controller and responsible for the personal data outlined in section 2 below.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices please use the following contact details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Wellpark Business Centre, 120 Sydney Street, Glasgow, G31 1JF
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you in the capacity of data controller as follows:
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Portal.
As you interact with the Portal, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
This includes information about how you use the Portal.
We use different methods to collect data about you, which are explained here.
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To enable you to register and use the Portal; or
- To improve the Portal.
4. How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with our service providers on a need-to-know basis. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. International transfers
We may use external third parties based outside of the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
6. Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
7. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
8. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Further details
If you wish for more information on how we process your personal data including on data security, data retention and lawful processing bases, please contact us on the contact details given above.